With the full lockdown, regular stores have not been open and it turns out I do not like shopping online as much so I haven't purchased much this month. There has been the occasional treat but other than that I have been trying to be good with my money. No one knows what is going to happen to their job during this time and I am very new to my role.
Also why would I buy lots of fancy new clothes when I have been living in t-shirts and joggers? Having said that, sometimes there is nothing better than a new pieces of clothing to give you a little bit of motivation and something to look forward to when all of this is over.
All Saints
Femme Dima Tee
There are a few brands that I wait for sale season to buy pieces from; The Kooples is definitely one of them and All Saints fits in this category. There are so many items I love from All Saints but they are always so expensive. However both The Kooples and All Saints embody my personal style so shopping from them is so easy for me. I always keep an eye on their new collections to see what I could wait for in the sales. During this seasons mid-season sale, a top I had been eyeing up went into the sale.
I managed to get the Femme Dima Tee for £28 instead if £40,which seemed really reasonable to me and I had been eyeing it up for a long time. The style of the top reminds me of that faux-band tee look that I have been loving. It has that faded dark grey cottom with 'Femme' printed on it in black and then 'AllSaints' in red. The colour scheme is quite rock and roll style and I love it. I bought another All Saints tops in the Autumn Sale last year and I wear it all the time as it is so comfortable so I know I am going to get a lot of wear out of this top.
How Would I Style This?
This top is the perfect casual top. As soon as I retrieved the parcel containing this top from my front door, I put this top on and I have basically not taken it off. This is a t-shirt so there aren't too many ways of styling it. However, I did buy it a size bigger than I would usually buy so it would be slightly oversized. I wanted to have the option of tucking this in. Turns out this was a good shout as I much prefer the size I have than if it had been smaller.
I have been wearing this top with jogging bottoms and work out bottoms thanks to the Rona keeping me inside all of the time. Of course we all hope that eventually this will all be over and when it is, I will probably wear this with: a pair of blue jeans when I want to be incredibly casual, black jeans when I want to be a bit rock and roll, a skirt during the Summer and I have even worn this to bed. You cannot go wrong with a basic t-shirt that you know you are going to wear a lot. This top is something I know I am going to get a lot of wear from and I love that part of the writing is in red which gives it that slightly more edgy feel.
Ted Baker
Gjessi Dress
I used to be completely obsessed with Ted Baker and I loved a lot of their pieces but as the seasons have passed, I haven't really seen anything new from them and their patterns have become a bit garish. However this season I loved a lot of the more workwear appropriate pieces. I have been looking for pieces to add to my wardrobe as I started a new job in March and I have always had a uniform in my previous jobs.
There were a few pieces I liked from Ted Baker but one dress, the Gjessi Dress, really stood out to me. I had been looking for a comfortable dress that I could just throw on and go to work and look smart. I have a lot of dresses but a lot of these are slightly too revealing for work. Plus I want to keep some of the clothes as at home wear so that I don't associate it with going to work. I knew this dress would not be something I would wear casually out and about.
This dress ended up going into the sale and that was when I finally took the chance on buying it. Full price this dress was £129 which seemed ridiculous for what is a relatively plain dress but then it went down to £51 and I thought this price was much more reasonable. Still expensive but as this is a classic piece, I will get a lot of wear out of it.
How Would I Style This?
This is a dress so there aren't many ways in which you can change it but you can add your own personal style into some of the details. Personally I will wear this dress with a pair of black ankle boots and my leather jacket just to add a bit of edge. This did come with a Ted Baker belt which to be honest I will probably keep on the dress and wear as it will take in the waist a little bit.
The smallest size they do is obviously a 0 which is slightly too big for me but that makes it so comfortable. The belt just helps to bring it in a little bit and show off my shape. I love that this has long sleeves as that is what I personally feel comfortable in and the length goes just beyond my knee which is exactly what I wanted. It isn't quite as figure hugging as I would have liked but that is probably a good thing as it is for work.
Motel Rocks
I had never shopped from Motel Rocks prior to this month but I have always eyed up their clothes. At the moment they are a hit on Instagram but to be honest the price of the clothing seemed high for a fast fashion brand. Anyway they had a sale at the start of the month and a few pieces I liked were a more reasonable price so I thought I would give them a go.
Hime Maxi Oversized Jaguar Dress
Anyone who has watched Tiger King cannot deny the effect that Carole Baskin has had on the tiger print community. I have long been a fan but now I cannot look at a piece and see anything but Carole Baskin. Who knew she would become a fashion icon out of the series? I had long been looking at the Hime style from Motel but I hadn't considered the jaguar print before but after seeing it, I decided to go for it. I did run a poll on my Instagram as I was concerned that it was a lot of leopard print but most people voted saying it wasn't too much so I went with the consensus.
The Hime Maxi Dress is quite a popular style for Motel, well I would take a guess that it was a popular style as it comes in many different prints on the website. I originally wanted the grey Ditsy Rose print but it was sold out in my size and didn't have as much of a discount. However, with the styling I had in mind for the dress, the jaguar print was equally as perfect.
The Hime Maxi dresses are long dresses with a very low back and two splits on the side of the dress so even though it is very long and covering, it is still slightly sexy. I really loved this style and thought it would be a great addition to my Summer wardrobe as I do not have any maxi dresses. To be honest Maxi dresses aren't great for short ass people like me.
How Would I Style This?
I have already worn this dress quite a lot as it is really easy to throw on and it is really comfortable. Whilst we have been on lockdown, we have had some amazing weather and this dress is great for making the most of the warmth but also to keep myself a tiny bit covered. I do feel like a cracking tan is perfect for this dress as well, such a shame we are in lockdown and I have no fake tan and no inclination to tan.
I have been wearing this dress with a plain white top underneath just because I would always wear a bra with a dress, there is too much chance for a nip slip with a dress like this and the bra would completely be on show. Plus I just find it more comfortable this way. Perhaps if I was on holiday I would feel a bit more brave but in everyday life there would be no chance.
When I have been wearing this around the house I have not bothered with a belt as I want to live my best life but if I were to wear this out, I would team it with a waist belt. It does sort of go in around the waist but not as much as I would like and also the belt breaks up the continuous leopard print a bit.
Once again, depending on where I am going depends on the foot wear. For the most part I would probably just wear my vans as they are super casual. I do think this dress would look great with a pair of chunky white trainers but I do not own any. When I want to be a little bit more edgy, I would wear this with my Doc Marten inspired boots. If I wanted to dress it up a little bit I would wear plain black heels but I couldn't imagine wearing this out to a fancy occasion. I do not think the quality of the dress aligns to anything more than being casual.
Anyone who has watched Tiger King cannot deny the effect that Carole Baskin has had on the tiger print community. I have long been a fan but now I cannot look at a piece and see anything but Carole Baskin. Who knew she would become a fashion icon out of the series? I had long been looking at the Hime style from Motel but I hadn't considered the jaguar print before but after seeing it, I decided to go for it. I did run a poll on my Instagram as I was concerned that it was a lot of leopard print but most people voted saying it wasn't too much so I went with the consensus.
The Hime Maxi Dress is quite a popular style for Motel, well I would take a guess that it was a popular style as it comes in many different prints on the website. I originally wanted the grey Ditsy Rose print but it was sold out in my size and didn't have as much of a discount. However, with the styling I had in mind for the dress, the jaguar print was equally as perfect.
The Hime Maxi dresses are long dresses with a very low back and two splits on the side of the dress so even though it is very long and covering, it is still slightly sexy. I really loved this style and thought it would be a great addition to my Summer wardrobe as I do not have any maxi dresses. To be honest Maxi dresses aren't great for short ass people like me.
How Would I Style This?
I have already worn this dress quite a lot as it is really easy to throw on and it is really comfortable. Whilst we have been on lockdown, we have had some amazing weather and this dress is great for making the most of the warmth but also to keep myself a tiny bit covered. I do feel like a cracking tan is perfect for this dress as well, such a shame we are in lockdown and I have no fake tan and no inclination to tan.
I have been wearing this dress with a plain white top underneath just because I would always wear a bra with a dress, there is too much chance for a nip slip with a dress like this and the bra would completely be on show. Plus I just find it more comfortable this way. Perhaps if I was on holiday I would feel a bit more brave but in everyday life there would be no chance.
When I have been wearing this around the house I have not bothered with a belt as I want to live my best life but if I were to wear this out, I would team it with a waist belt. It does sort of go in around the waist but not as much as I would like and also the belt breaks up the continuous leopard print a bit.
Once again, depending on where I am going depends on the foot wear. For the most part I would probably just wear my vans as they are super casual. I do think this dress would look great with a pair of chunky white trainers but I do not own any. When I want to be a little bit more edgy, I would wear this with my Doc Marten inspired boots. If I wanted to dress it up a little bit I would wear plain black heels but I couldn't imagine wearing this out to a fancy occasion. I do not think the quality of the dress aligns to anything more than being casual.
Saika Midi Skirt in Floral Field Green
I love a midi skirt and I think there are so many ways they can be styled so they can keep their femininity or you can add a little bit of a more edgy style. My wardrobe has a lot of satin midi skirts but it is lacking with more traditional midi skirts and that was where I found one on Motel that I loved.
Much like the Hime Dress, the Saika Midi Skirt seems to be a popular design as this skirt comes in many different prints. I loved the style of this skirt, with the long slit along the side. There were quite a few patterns I liked but I finally managed to get the Ditsy Rose pattern I adore. I ended up picking out the green version after I ran a poll on my Instagram as to whether I should get the green or red and the green won. This skirt had been reduced to £25 which considering it is £35 normally is a pretty good price reduction.
How Would I Style This?
I loved the way that this skirt was modelled on the website with a cute black crop jumper and a pair of Doc Martens. This is the way I would love to wear this and it is how I would wear it during this season but during Summer I will definitely swap out the jumper for a t-shirt or a cami top. Personally I would always pick black to go with this skirt but I guess you could also go with a white top. I would always keep the top quite plain as the skirt is a lot.
This will definitely be a skirt for outside of work as the slit on the side goes up quite high and there is little I can do to cover up. There is no allowance for shape so it is quite tight and that means I cannot pull it down. I did buy a XXS so perhaps I needed to size up. Despite the slight sizing issue, I know I am going to get a lot of wear out of this. It is so easy to throw on and easy to style. This skirt would actually be quite good with something like the All Saint top I bought at the start of the month. This slightly faded rock style top would balance the super feminine skirt pattern.
I love a midi skirt and I think there are so many ways they can be styled so they can keep their femininity or you can add a little bit of a more edgy style. My wardrobe has a lot of satin midi skirts but it is lacking with more traditional midi skirts and that was where I found one on Motel that I loved.
Much like the Hime Dress, the Saika Midi Skirt seems to be a popular design as this skirt comes in many different prints. I loved the style of this skirt, with the long slit along the side. There were quite a few patterns I liked but I finally managed to get the Ditsy Rose pattern I adore. I ended up picking out the green version after I ran a poll on my Instagram as to whether I should get the green or red and the green won. This skirt had been reduced to £25 which considering it is £35 normally is a pretty good price reduction.
How Would I Style This?
I loved the way that this skirt was modelled on the website with a cute black crop jumper and a pair of Doc Martens. This is the way I would love to wear this and it is how I would wear it during this season but during Summer I will definitely swap out the jumper for a t-shirt or a cami top. Personally I would always pick black to go with this skirt but I guess you could also go with a white top. I would always keep the top quite plain as the skirt is a lot.
This will definitely be a skirt for outside of work as the slit on the side goes up quite high and there is little I can do to cover up. There is no allowance for shape so it is quite tight and that means I cannot pull it down. I did buy a XXS so perhaps I needed to size up. Despite the slight sizing issue, I know I am going to get a lot of wear out of this. It is so easy to throw on and easy to style. This skirt would actually be quite good with something like the All Saint top I bought at the start of the month. This slightly faded rock style top would balance the super feminine skirt pattern.
Ted Baker
Inala Boots
For years I have looked at the boots Ted Baker reinvent every season but are a staple in their A/W collection. Every season I wait for these boots to go into the sale but every season I miss out on getting them in my size. I am a size 4 which always seems to be a pretty popular size which is incredibly frustrating. Anyway this year I managed to get a pair of the black boots in the sale on John Lewis and I have to say I am thankful as these are my favourite reinvention of the boot.
I included the burgundy pair in one of my Fashion Wishlists back in December 2018. I loved this colour and the small bow but the 2019 version had a massive bow on them which I did not like as much. This years version doesn't feature a bow, instead it has a mix of fabrics and a large gold T at the top of where the two fabrics come together. They also have a gold tip on the toe which I think is such a lovely detail. I had been looking for a pair of boots which are a bit tidier for work and which are comfortable and stylish. Not only do these boots embody my personal style but they are seriously comfortable.
The only issue comes from the T on the top of the boot. The T makes it really uncomfortable and you need to either wear long socks or tuck in your bottoms to make sure it doesn't rub too much. I don't know whether this will ease up as I wear the boots more but only time will tell.
How Would I Style These?
These boots can literally go with everything but at the moment I have to consider how the gold T is going to rub as I still want to be comfortable. It is such a shame as I think these boots would go perfectly with skirts and dress as well as jeans but at the moment I simply do not have that option. I would love to wear these boots with the midi skirt I bought from Motel but I can't.
Instead at the moment I am only pairing these boots with trousers or jeans so I can tuck the bottoms in to protect again the gold T on my petite ankles. These boots are quite high but they have a chunky heel. I love that the combination of fabrics means that they pair well with any handbag I have. I just might have to be careful when it is rains as not only does leather not pair well with rain but nor does suede. Hopefully these boots will continue to look good but we will see.
Instead at the moment I am only pairing these boots with trousers or jeans so I can tuck the bottoms in to protect again the gold T on my petite ankles. These boots are quite high but they have a chunky heel. I love that the combination of fabrics means that they pair well with any handbag I have. I just might have to be careful when it is rains as not only does leather not pair well with rain but nor does suede. Hopefully these boots will continue to look good but we will see.
Far Fetch
Self-Portrait
I know we are only supposed to be doing essential shopping but occasionally I need to treat myself to something to keep me feeling sane. I have been working my ass off recently and I wanted to give myself something to look forward to. There was also a bit of a discount which I don't often see on this particular brand.
I was looking at Farfetch and I thought I would have a look at the Self-Portrait range. Turns out they had 25% off a lot of the styles and the dress of my dreams was included. I was so excited to see this price reduction. You only really see Self-Portrait on sale during sale season and by then they have always sold out of my size. They actually had my size so I decided I had to get it whilst I could. I had been eyeing this dress up for the many weddings I have at the end of the year and finally I get to wear my fantasy.
Self-Portrait were an Influencer favourite a few years ago because they aren't overly expensive and they are high quality. Over the years I have liked several styles but my favourite was always the Azaelea style. Originally they only did it in a midi length which was always going to be too long for a petite bitch like me but when they launched a mini version I knew this would actually work for me. Last season they did this style in a gorgeous deep red but this season they launched it in the Tiffany blue I always loved in the midi length.
As I write this, I genuinely cannot believe that I finally own this dress. Thankfully I bought it when I did as they no longer have my size. I will be going into more detail about purchasing from Farfetch in another blog post for anyone who wants to know more about the website. I did actually include this dress in my Birthday Wishlist for 2020 so it might have taken me a few months but I managed to tick one item off.
How Would I Style It?
This is of course an event dress, I will not be popping to Morrisons wearing this dress but I know exactly how I am going to wear this when Wedding season comes around. Hopefully I will have a gorgeous tan and beautiful blonde hair but it is rather dependent on when this lockdown ends, there is no way I am bleaching my hair myself.
Other than that, I want to pair this dress with my nude accessories so my Taupe Aspinal of London Lottie Bag will be the bag and my beloved Valentino Rockstuds will grace my feet. I will also go with my classic rose gold jewellery as that is a staple in my look. I am so thrilled by this outfit, I honest cannot wait to wear it.
All things considered, I think I did pretty well this month in terms of the amount of items I purchased and also with not purchasing as much fast fashion. Yes I purchased from Motel which is fast fashion but the rest of the items were from more luxury brands and were certainly more considered purchases. I guess I haven't had as much chance to do some shopping thanks to the lock down but that isn't the point. That would have been easier for me to end up on fast fashion websites but I have stayed clear and it has paid off.
You might also like:
I was looking at Farfetch and I thought I would have a look at the Self-Portrait range. Turns out they had 25% off a lot of the styles and the dress of my dreams was included. I was so excited to see this price reduction. You only really see Self-Portrait on sale during sale season and by then they have always sold out of my size. They actually had my size so I decided I had to get it whilst I could. I had been eyeing this dress up for the many weddings I have at the end of the year and finally I get to wear my fantasy.
Self-Portrait were an Influencer favourite a few years ago because they aren't overly expensive and they are high quality. Over the years I have liked several styles but my favourite was always the Azaelea style. Originally they only did it in a midi length which was always going to be too long for a petite bitch like me but when they launched a mini version I knew this would actually work for me. Last season they did this style in a gorgeous deep red but this season they launched it in the Tiffany blue I always loved in the midi length.
As I write this, I genuinely cannot believe that I finally own this dress. Thankfully I bought it when I did as they no longer have my size. I will be going into more detail about purchasing from Farfetch in another blog post for anyone who wants to know more about the website. I did actually include this dress in my Birthday Wishlist for 2020 so it might have taken me a few months but I managed to tick one item off.
How Would I Style It?
This is of course an event dress, I will not be popping to Morrisons wearing this dress but I know exactly how I am going to wear this when Wedding season comes around. Hopefully I will have a gorgeous tan and beautiful blonde hair but it is rather dependent on when this lockdown ends, there is no way I am bleaching my hair myself.
Other than that, I want to pair this dress with my nude accessories so my Taupe Aspinal of London Lottie Bag will be the bag and my beloved Valentino Rockstuds will grace my feet. I will also go with my classic rose gold jewellery as that is a staple in my look. I am so thrilled by this outfit, I honest cannot wait to wear it.
All things considered, I think I did pretty well this month in terms of the amount of items I purchased and also with not purchasing as much fast fashion. Yes I purchased from Motel which is fast fashion but the rest of the items were from more luxury brands and were certainly more considered purchases. I guess I haven't had as much chance to do some shopping thanks to the lock down but that isn't the point. That would have been easier for me to end up on fast fashion websites but I have stayed clear and it has paid off.
You might also like:
|
|
|
|
|
0 Yorumlar